Dec 17, 2013

QuickSprout or not to sprout?

This is another piece of bad advice, so go away. If you intend to stay on, do not believe all that is written here. The original content authors on the mentioned website and related affiliates make a tonne of money, have big-time followers and fans, and are highly successful. I am too small to matter and you can safely disregard the content here. If you are wondering, this is my disclaimer :)

I have mentioned about my liking for the proven ways of internet marketing before. I continue to pursue that interest, partly due to my interest in creating content that I may have an audience for (one day in the not so future, provided there is no skynet). But quicksprout.com did take the cake when I was trying to get it to someone else.

To be fair, the landing page for the website is a really good URL analysis tool.


But what got me really interested was a referral for the course materials from other site. This brought me to this page.
For more than 1.5 MB the page goes on over 39 pages to establish and re-establish one fact - get QuickSprout Traffic System Pro, a product that can help you make whatever you are doing in the internet better than current. All the interesting facets mentioned in my earlier post are here and then some. Start with clear typography, shiny images, good feedback from existing customers and follow it up with clear call to action at least 4 times to buy the product at a fraction of the price that big corporations pay. Nothing wrong with all that - been there, seen that elsewhere, but what got me to write this post was this. When I browsed till the end, I get the following page:
This rattled up me a bit. Not to blame the page - again clear call to action and everything to incentivise action in a few hours. And, not that I was going to buy all the materials that can make me some good money and popularize this "not so good", "D rated" (both at the time of this post) website of mine. I was just overcome with emotion for the poor jerks who would have said "you had me at 'income-boosting'", and went ahead with the purchase of the goodies. 

I still have a way lot of things to learn folks, but I can never learn how to give discounts on my 'expertise' at the nick of time. Or may be I will do sometime in the future - stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment